Translate

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

"Second Hand Table" Quality of Life

Share
I think that I'm a simple man - not a simpleton, just someone who doesn't get excited about having to be a part of the latest fashion trend. By the same token, I might be at the other extreme by not caring enough. For several years now, I've practiced making do without and with what I have. Practiced? I think I've got it perfected! Take my furnishing for example. For a computer desk, I have the wooden cabinet shell of 60's era floor model TV. It's sturdy. Roomy enough that nothing falls off. I'm happy.

While my girlfriend appreciates my Thoreau-like existence, she has taste and class (yet she still loves me. Go figure). She would prefer that I upgrade my lifestyle from wooden stumps and card tables to better arrangements, something stylish like Powell furniture. I don't know. With her help, maybe I can cultivate a more prosperous mentality. I thought I was rich already by having her in my life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I 'd like to have a house full of beautiful furniture, but not nearly as much as I'd love to be with you at this very moment. I love cuddling up with you in our double papasan chair, watching a movie while snacking on treats held up by your decorative card tables. They work really well as they are the same height as the papasan and make it easy to grab a nice cool drink. Now that you mention it, I'll give Powell a look-see for a new dining room suit. :)

Pssss ... hey gang, what he isn't telling you is that he is a class act himself, that's why I love him. And since every man's home is his castle and I love being his queen; I see both a man and home filled with love! ;)

Anonymous said...

Awww those little pop-up snap thingys are too cute! How did you do that?

gg ;)

Anon A. Mus said...

Ahhhhh, glad you liked them. I just did a post about how to add them to your site (as long as it uses javascript, unlike LiveJournal).