Translate

Monday, March 05, 2007

Ellijay

Share
This past weekend, I spent time with my children who live in Georgia. Almost ten years ago, their mother moved there with my children so she could be close to her family, which is understandable. So I spent my weekends traveling between Georgia and North Carolina so I could care for my family. The one area I really liked was around Ellijay - very mountainous, very scenic, very quiet. The Ellijay real estate market looked promising with great houses at livable prices. Unfortunately, this was during 98-01 as companies were downsizing. I had a very difficult time trying to find work to replace my job in North Carolina. Eventually, this, coupled with other actions on her part, made me realize that there was a fine line between being a gentleman and being a doormat. A divorce ensued. Fortunately, my children were in their late teens. Now, they are much more flexible in their options and the job market has vastly improved. Perhaps we can still move to Ellijay - without the wicked witch of the west as my children refer to my former spouse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are sooooooo bad ... LOL!

:*