Translate

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Addictions

Share
There are a lot of deadly addictions that seem to strive for our very souls. Everything from food and drink to sex and money. Some even end up fighting a prescription drug addiction. The other day, somebody mentioned how they were addicted to blogging. How do you even know if you have that kind of addiction? Do you break out in a cold sweat when you see an unoccupied keyboard? If you read a newspaper, do you find yourself looking for a 'comment' icon to click on? Do you have so many blogs that you find yourself writing more words than there are in "War and Peace" on a daily basis? When someone mentions feeds, do you immediately think of RSS instead of food? When you take a number at the bakery, do you feel like Alexia and Technorati are somehow involved? If you do go for medical help, do they refrained from telling you to write down your problems? Does your doctor put you in a 12 keystroke program?

Thank goodness I don't have a blogging problem. I just like sharing lots of ideas with the Internet community every day. When my house lost power, perspiration broke out on on my forehead. But that was from air conditioning being off and not from intense feelings of dread that came over me because my cable modem was out. Yes, I know it was winter but that's beside the point. Like I said, that goodness I don't have a blogging problem.

No comments: