Translate

Monday, March 26, 2007

Ghosts Interfering With My TV

Share
With spring comes the warmer temperatures which are soon followed by the interference patterns on my TV. You wouldn't think that there is a direct link between these two phenomenon but sadly there is. Around my area, we have a wide variation between freezing and hot weather. All of this plays with the plastic sheathing that is inside the coax cable that runs from my antenna to my television. Eventually, the RFI Shielding is exposed and begins to start gently tapping on the copper signal wire inside the cable. It is an easy repair to the offending end by the antenna. But I thought that I would pass this along to you. If you've started noticing sporadic lines or ghost images on your television, take a look at your cable connection, especially the ones outside your house. Let me know if this helps you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had cable. My satellite goes out when it gets cloudy :(.

I'm liking the link preview thing myself. Just put it on one of my newer sites to kind of test it out, but I think I'll add it to some of my more established ones. Great feature I think.