Translate

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Levitra, a stimulating topic?

Share
Are there any topics that I won't blog about? At this point, everything is a challenge -- to make it interesting, to make it engaging and funny, to make it worthwhile reading. Not that I succeed very often. And some topics are more difficult than others.

Take the name of the drug that doctors prescribe for male sexual dysfunction: Levitra. How did they come up with that nomenclature? The name certainly brings about images of levitation, of raising things. Perhaps raising things from the dead? Nah, dead things are supposed to be stiff already. Yes, I realize that the medical condition is no laughing matter. Yet, imagine what the discussion must have been like around the marketing table and the names that didn't quite make it.

I have to say that this post was a hard one to write. So I don't know how excited you may have gotten from reading this. If this entry erects images that stay up in your thoughts for longer than four hours, consult your physician. He may prescribe some bad music to help ease this mental stimulation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Priceless, loved the raising from the dead and should already be stiff puns! I can imagine you hard at work writing even more interesting tidbits of such innocent punnary ...LOL! I know it;s not a word but hey, I'm trying ;) ... erecting images indeed! Seriously though, it makes one wonder what other side effects this enhancement might cause its user?

Keep it coming!
gg