Translate

Friday, March 02, 2012

my golden baby

Share
In less than 2000 miles, my Hyundai Tiburon will cross the 300,000-mileage mark. My previous car, a Nissan stanza wagon, reached the 405,000 miles before my mechanic convinced me that it wouldn't even survive another car wash. Both vehicle have given me my money's worth and then some.

You would think there would be some award for getting every last inch out of your vehicles. But sadly, no. I have yet to get a gold medal, a gold necklace, or even a mass-airflow sensor to replace the one that wore off its gold plating during its selfless service.

I still have hope for that trophy. My Tiburon has several thousand miles in her aging frame. Yes, I know that she doesn't look as sleek and sexy as the day that I bought her. And every time I fill her up with gas, I double her value. Still, she gets me to my destination ... mostly. And aside from her suddenly noticeable odd noises, my Tib is a joy to drive ... though warily.

Maybe I will get that award. Or, at least, a pay raise for a new car. Either way, I have a wonderful car. And AAA.

No comments: