Translate

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Under New Management

Share
That's what the marquee read that stands in front of Domino's. I last worked there just before Thanksgiving. At that time, I told my manager that I had other pressing matters to tend to and would be able to return in January. Every time I drive by, I look to see who's vehicle is there. For the past couple of weeks, I haven't recognized any of the cars. So today the marque reads "Under New Management" and I am not surprised. In the three years that I have been there, I have seen the more than one complete turnover in staff except for the District Manager. And then, just before I left, the District Management quit --- 'asked to leave by Domino's' was the reason. The latest general manager that I was worked for had become more and more frustrated by the interfering micro-management from the district manager, lazy workers in the store, and Domino's wasteful policies. When I told him that I wasn't going to be available, he asked me not to go. Yet he had that same resigned look in his eyes that I had seen in other managers just before they quit.

So far, I have been able to survive without Domino's. Hopefully, this means that I can close this chapter in my life and continue on to more profitable adventures.

No comments: