Translate

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Predictability of A Post

Share
What are the chances that a post that has more interesting elements than others would succeed in a contest? What if others have a popularity factor that you don't have? At the moment, I doubt my success in a couple of contest. I think I put a lot more effort than my current competition. But they already are several hundreds of votes ahead of my entry. Will that matter?

More and more, your popularity on the Internet (as measured by Google's 'Page Rankings' and Alexa's Index) seems to be driven by pre-payment entities of business. In the post-payment result of a business, these page rankings don't seem to factor into the bottom line. For example, Jeff Glueck, the Travelocity Chief Marketing Officer, has notice that, despite its glory, search is not the dominant method for Web sites to gain traffic, or sales.

Yes, I would like to win. Does it mean that I submitted a better product than the competition? By February 5th, we shall see what happens .... assuming you were entertained enough to vote. :)

No comments: