Translate

Friday, January 12, 2007

Tryin' To Get The Beat Back

Share
I have had my electronic drum set for almost six weeks now. When you take out time due to the holidays, I've had about four weeks to work getting back into practice. Getting into a practice schedule has been difficult. The real world still has demands that must be met regardless. Still, my old form is slowly and painfully coming back. But the more I play this set, the more its limitation become apparent. Perhaps I had my expectations for a $280 kit set too high. I wasn't expecting notes not to sound when I play them, or the overall sound quality of the bass and cymbals. There are times that I practice the rudiments without turning on the set just so I can make sure I am playing correctly --- the slap of good ol' wood on plastic. For now, this kit will get me back into the groove. Then we'll see about upgrading.

No comments: