Translate

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

soon, soon, I shall speak and

Share
the words will become sweet text without typing. At least, that is the goal. The first part was to get a digital voice recorder. Thanks to 'Santa' and his many helpers, I now have a Sony DVR that downloads my spoken word to my computer via USB connection. According to the manual, all I need now is "Dragon Naturally Speaking" software and it will convert the sound files into text documents. Yeah, yeah, I've been through that hype ever since speech-to-text first hit the scene. But I have been reading some great reviews about "Dragon Naturally Speaking". The Preferred Edition of version 9 retails at $200. I found it on Ebay for $65. Guess what? The software arrived today! I'll let you know how it all works....

1 comment:

thedawnster said...

ooo ;) let me know because I too can record memos, ideas and stray thoughts on the new handheld...

~thedawnsters