Translate

Sunday, January 14, 2007

My First Criticism

Share
After two years, 800 plus posts and many good comments, I got my first critical comment from a reader using a Springfield, Virgina server:

"Your "partially sponsored" posts are a transparent disgrace. I'm surprised you're being paid for them, since I can't imagine many people read your blog in the first place, as it is mind-numbing. (Like most other blogs which aspire to the "Life Under Construction" and such imitations of profundity.) Most likely this won't go through. And if it does you'll use it as the basis for some insipid defensive post which nobody will read, because nobody reads your blog in the first place."

Well, thank you, Springfield, for taking time to read my blogs and for writing to me. If it wasn't for you, nobody would be reading my posts. Next time, could be you a little more specific about your dislikes and recommendations? Anyone can be a critic. The good ones help improve the process. Thanks again and happy surfing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nicely said, Anon A Mus! Forgive me for interjecting here but I feel compelled. Not only do I find your writings amusing, but I also find them educational and very helpful at times. Obviously, this person enjoys a different style of literary writing. Those of us who read your writings like them as written! Raising hand here, I know of at least five others besides this person who read your posts and we all agree. Please continue ... :o)

GGoddess