Translate

Monday, November 20, 2006

Brazil Model Who Battled Anorexia Dies

Share
Here we are in one of the most prosperous time in the world's history. We almost celebrate this fact with shows about obesity in the world. At the same time, we have women who are starving themselves to death in the name of beauty and fashion.

I worry about my daughter and my sisters and my female friends who sometimes get carried away about how they look and how much they weigh. And then you read or heard about a story like this: "Brazil Model Who Battled Anorexia Dies".

The only good thing that I learned from this story is that some fashion shows are now starting to ban models with body-mass-index less than 18. A BMI of 18.5 or less is considered underweight!

Please, please, take care of yourself. I much prefer a woman with the warmth of a little plumpness than an icy cold stick figure of death.

Here's a calculator to figure your Body-Mass-Index.

No comments: