Translate

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Christmas in CA

Share
My sister Annette lives in California. We last saw each other four years ago while we took care of my mother's estate. Since then she keeps threatening to kidnap me from my jobs so that I can visit her and her family. But you know that you can't kidnap the willing. So I've been thinking about a surprise visit. My company is closed during the week of Christmas. Southwest airlines has an Internet special rate for flights on Mondays and Thursdays. My flight would be $360, well almost $400 with all the extra governmental charges. Since Monday is Christmas day, perhaps I can show up on her doorstep with a Christmas bow plastered to my forehead. (I'll tell her that I was in India and my third eye blossomed.) That would be cool, wouldn't it! My excitement has died down considerably though as I worked the numbers for my budget. The way my life has gone lately, there are too many unknowns at the moment that might extort funds from me.

My sister Simonne lives in Tennessee. Her and her husband are planning to be in California with Annette during Christmas. I told her about my plan but not about the financial obstacles. She mentioned that her husband would be driving back to Tennessee with their daughter after Christmas. She wondered if the two unused return tickets would be available for my use. What a great idea! We'll know later if this is possible. Annette might be in for a Christmas surprise yet. Fortunately, she doesn't know about this blog!!!! Shhhh, don't tell her!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea! I love the part about the "bow," perhaps you could add a ribbon around your jacket, that way she could untie the ribbon for a huge hug from her big brother! Having four brothers of my own, I can really appreciate your love for your sisters! I hope you can find the means to get there and if you need any help, you have all of our support. Remember, Christmas is about family, about giving what money cannot buy. So, this Christmas our gift to you, is for your to buy yourself that ticket and go see your sister. It's all we can do at the moment but it's our way of saying thank you for all you do all year long! All, we want for you this Christmas, is for you to have what you've been giving to all of us ... LOVE! One ticket to CA for the "big brother" please :)

I'm so thankful to have you in my life, I love you!
Your GG