Translate

Monday, November 06, 2006

Meaning of Flowers

Share
As a guy, I do not usually give too much thought behind the meaning of flowers. I give them as a meaning of my express of love or appreciation or of the occasion. But what we think as givers isn't necessarily the same as what our recipients think or feel about our gift. Fortunately for us, ProFlowers (whom I use a lot) has put a guide to Flower Meanings on their web site. To call this guide comprehensive is an understatement! I just wanted to say "I love you" with a rose. But like the word 'love', each different rose conveys a unique meaning. It's almost overwhelming. It makes me feel an unrefined oaf. "Pretty Lady, here pretty flower. hee hee hee" Which plant covers unrefined? Weed? Perhaps, sugar?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On the contrary, my dear sir! ;) I find you very refined indeed, and the lady of your affection is very appreciative of all your expressions of love and affection! You spoil me and I love you all the more for it! :*

What do the flowers mean when you send a rainbow of colors?

;) GG