Translate

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

No Rube Goldberg Here

Share
Thank goodness that PPP opportunity for a Rube Goldberg has been filled. I had my device almost completed, almost ready to stun the world with its unbelievable complexity in taking a simple candle and popping up a $100 bill. A device so ridiculously convoluted that members of congress said, "Its almost as good as we are! Someone call a committee!" Thank goodness that hard work is its own reward. That's what was on the poster: "Missing: Hard Work! Reward if found!" There was a number but it was too much work to write it down.

Sure, I had a few slight setbacks in the design but nothing that a fire extinguisher and a call to 911 couldn't fix. But alas, you will never see that breathtaking video --- breathtaking not because of the odor -- breathtaking because ... its what we do to live; inhale, exhale, watch breathtaking videos and repeat. Rube Goldberg, I'd salute you but I first need some rope, a couple of wheels, a fan, a candle, a vacuum cleaner, a few balls, some farm animals, ....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! You are so cleaver ... LOL! Keep up the great posts :*

;) GG