Translate

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Blockbuster vs Netflix

Share
With my budget, I haven't bothered with cell phones or cable or satellite TV. But I do enjoy movies, so I settled for a membership to Blockbuster Online. Three movies out at a time and I can pick up two additional movies a month at the local store. Three movies can last me a good while. With my schedule, I can watch a half hour here, ten minutes. It's like having an extra long commercial break (known as my life) in between viewings. Yet, even with my lengthy view time, there seems to be a longer time getting my next movie from Blockbuster. Sometimes it has gone as long as ten days. When I complained to them about this, I got three movies the very next day ... THE VERY NEXT DAY. Since then it has returned to slow delivery schedule. My friends that have Netflix seem to have quicker turn around times. So I was considering a move to Netflix ... until a couple of days ago. I got an email and then a notice in my movie about Blockbuster's new policy. I can now return my online movie to a local store and pick up a new movie while waiting for my next movie to be shipped. Definitely something that Netflix can't compete with. Let's see how good of a deal this works out to be. Ok, Blockbuster, you have my business for a little while longer.

No comments: