Translate

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Not Good Business Practices

Share
Today I learned that one of the companies I work for is setting a bad precedent with one of our vendors. A year ago we received parts from this particular supplier that contained bad items. The vendor agreed that we should go through the shipment, find all the bad parts and return them to him. He would then replace the malfunction units with good ones and my employer would then release payment for the entire shipment. That was a year ago. Quality department has yet to go through rest of the shipment and my employer has yet to pay this supplier. I'm thinking that the vendor has a year warranty on those units. And time is pretty much up. I'm hoping that is more to the story than I have discovered so far. I do know that if the vendor was a US company, I don't think things would have proceeded as they have so far.

No comments: