Translate

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A Little R & R

Share
I had planned to spend this past weekend in Tennessee with my girlfriend and with my sister's family. But Thursday night was one of those planning situations where you try to guess with the weather folks as to the extent of icy weather. I'll be glad when weather forecasting becomes a little more accurate than playing a lottery game. For now, we had to decide whether we would be able to make the trip home in time for my girlfriend to make it to work on Tuesday. Unfortunately, the call for snow and ice on Monday through the mountains made risking loss of her job almost a sure thing. It's probably just as well. During the days prior to Thursday, I was feeling more and more tired. I don't know why. By Friday I awoke with this incredible sense of weariness. I tried not to make a big deal about it when we went out for a late breakfast. But when we got back home, I was craving sleep and had returned to bed for a few more hours of shut-eye. What's going on? That's not like me! I feel better now because our weekend was relaxing. There was no rushing around to meet the demands of schedule, job or family. In fact, this is the first time in three years that I have not had to work a Super Bowl weekend. So today I'm ready to get back into the ol' grind. Happy, happy, joy, joy! And to my to-do list, I think that I better add that visit to the doctor that I've been putting off for the past seven years.

No comments: