Translate

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The Joys Of Afternoon Television

Share
I don't often get to see daytime television. In fact, it's been a few years. How I got along without watching Oprah, I will never know. Yesterday, I happened to turn on my set in time to catch several channels of Soap Operas. Not that I don't get my share of daily drama at work. Sometimes I wish that I was wearing hip high boots at work while I wade through episodes of "As The Stomach Turns." Anyway, I'd forgotten how many daily dramas were on for the viewing pleasure of those not out in the work place. And being the Internet savvy guy that I am, I didn't want to feel ignorant about whose mother had had which baby from that father who was dying from what disease while having another affair with whats-her-name. The only way I could get a handle on these heart-wrenching, mind-numbing episodes was to go to Soaps.com which had every daytime drama listed, well laid out, and clearly explained. Maybe I am being too technical or maybe because I'm easily confused, but I think if Soaps.com needs a flowchart of the character interactions and of the events in the series. Nothing fancy, just a quick timeline so I could get caught up on the latest dirty going-on's of the soaps stars. For now, you'll have to excuse me. I need to go get another box of Kleenex.

No comments: