Translate

Sunday, February 18, 2007

May You Find Me On Unsigned.com Some Day

Share
I've had my drum set for a couple of months now. It has been a challenge trying to remember how to bounce two wooden sticks off of a rubber surface. Well, anyone can do that. The challenge lies in doing it in a rhythmic fashion and without appearing to be having a seizure (much like sex). A greater challenge still has been in finding time to practice bouncing those sticks (again, much like ... oh, never mind).

When I do get the chance to play (my drum set), I think back to the times that I was in various bands. One goal was to get good enough to get that record contract that would make us stinky rich. Of course, here I am, so you know how that turned out. While I'm not stinky, no one is call me up to go on a reunion tour either.

It's amazing what the difference of 20 years will make. Now new bands can put their works up on the Internet. To increase their popularity and their chances to recording contract, they can make use of sites focused on helping the bands make a name for themselves, like Unsigned.com. For myself, breaking into the music scene is more of a fantasy than a goal at this point. But with Unsigned.com's diverse music listings (50 genres) and with my eclectic taste in music, some day you might even find me listed under each musical style, even Trance Artists - um, cha, um, cha, um, cha, um, cha - I can handle that. And if it looks like I'm having a seizure, it's because of the lights. Can you dig it, baby? In any case, I have bookmarked Unsigned.com as a reference. If nothing else, it has a wide variety of artists to listen to. And, who knows, maybe some day, somebody's going to need a new old drummer (which is better than an old new drummer).

No comments: