Translate

Monday, August 20, 2007

A Wild And Crazy Bathroom

Share
I have a friend who is remodeling his bathroom. He could do it the easy way and just throw in some fixtures from the hardware store, slap a coat of paint on the walls and ceiling, and dangle a couple of frilly towels on the towel rack. But noooooooooooo! He wants to do it in a 70s theme.

Imagine this. Instead of normal bathroom lighting, he's installing a disco ball. Actually, this complements the slick tub that he's installing very well. When I say "slick", I'm not referring to something sophisticated. I'm talking about a tub that is so slippery, you look like you are doing Travolta's dance from "Saturday Night Fever" as you try not to slip and bust your butt. "Stayin' alive, stayin' alive, ah ah ah ow!"

For bathroom faucets, he is installing the Farrah Fawcett line of fixtures -- very blonde, very poofy, and a pearly white design around the opening. (It makes me wonder what my friend has tapped into.)

The toilet is done in shag carpeting. Not the seat cover -- the entire toilet!

His hand towels are a odd shade of peach. He said it was called "impeach peach", which would explain the inscription on the towels "I am not a crook". He said he wanted to make sure that his guests didn't get any ideas about his towels.

At this point, I'm rather worried about him. He still has several ideas about this renovation that scare me. But, if you are a brave soul, I'm sure he would have no problem showing them to you if you were to boogie on down for a visit. I'm also sure that you will find him to be one wild and crazy guy...

1 comment:

Lisa McGlaun said...

A shag carpet covered toilet..that would never work in my house. You see, I have 4 boys...all I can say is yuk..lol.

You're friends bathroom sounds like an adventure. You should post some pictures when he's finished.