Translate

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Fun With Toprol

Share
I hope that this drug, Toprol, is worth taking because its side effects have been something else. When I began taking it a few days ago, the doctor instructed me to take only a quarter of the tablet and to do so in the evening. An hour after taking my first dosage that night, I understood why he said this. It was like feeling a gentle fog roll in through my muscles and through my thoughts. Have you ever had dreams where it feels as though you're moving through molasses or, worse yet, you have a claustrophobic immobility? As this drug-induced fog became denser, I became a bit concerned those nightmarish dreams were going to take form in my waking hours. Fortunately it stopped and simply became a slightly euphoric but overwhelming tiredness. In addition to that, my dreams have been nothing short of bizarre when I release myself to the world of sleep.

I am supposed to increase the dosage to a half of a tablet in a few days. But in reading more about the drug on WebMD, I've discovered that I can't suddenly stop taking it. Yet, while that tired euphoria isn't all that bad, it doesn't appear that I will have to seek addiction treatment because of the medicine. So to make sure I can stop taking Toprol, I'm changing my diet and habits. Time will tell how well all of this will work out.

1 comment:

goldengoddess said...

http://www.drugs.com/toprol.html

Here is another site I found that has lots of information about Toprol including side effects, drug interactions and advice as to when you call your doctor about bothersome side effects.

Be careful please, you are not replaceable! Hope you find this helpful. ;)