Translate

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Everything Will Be All Right

Share
This is the first weekend in a several that I spent by myself. Yesterday I was able to spend uninterrupted hours tending to troubling concerns that I've been putting off. I guess that's what led to disturbing dreams in the night. Yet, this morning as I sipped my coffee and looked out over the yard, I suddenly found myself having a distant memory from happy time in my childhood. Maybe it was the way the sunlight danced on the leaves of the trees. Maybe it was the way the cotton candy clouds drifted nonchalantly across Carolina blue skies. Whatever the reason, I was immediately overcome with a feeling that everything was going to be all right. It wasn't like the feeling of hope that I had when I got my divorce last year. It wasn't like the feeling of relief earlier this year when my congressman said that he would help me straight out a major mistake made by the IRS. In back of both of those feelings were nagging doubts that things could still turn out for the worse. (And unfortunately, time and events certainly haven't done anything to lessen those doubts.) So this morning's unexpected sense of well-being was very welcomed. For the moment, I'm content to let this warm calmness bathe a very tired psyche...

No comments: