Translate

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Poker - Alexia Style

Share
I don't know what to make of my Alexia scores. I bet if I sat at all the poker tables in the world, I would do better than I am at this stupid popularity contest. A couple of months ago, my score was under 150,000. Today, I am up to over 206,000. This means that there are 206,000 sites with more alexia visitors than this blog. But so what? The Alexia group is a tiny fraction out of the millions of travelers on the Internet. Yet, one of the pay-you-for-blogging companies uses this flawed metric in divvying out their opportunities. Apparently, if the number of non-alexia visitors to your site continually increases, that is not important. But then, it's all a game, isn't it. In poker, you can increase your luck with a little skill. But this Alexia nonsense has as much skill as playing a roulette wheel. Perhaps it's time to fold ...

No comments: