Translate

Friday, June 01, 2012

P'zolo not 'zolo in price.

Share
Go ahead - torture yourself. Take a look at fast food flyers just before supper. Not one of the best ideas to act on, is it. Sometimes the print runs when your drool hits it, obscuring the 'great' deal on the special offer coupons.

So, with my body racked with hunger, I held Pizza Hut's P'zolo advertisement at arm's length. Soon I found myself magically in my car and then in the parking lot of the Hut. (Most of that magic involves a buttered muffin 14 hours earlier, followed by missed lunch.)

I bought 4 of Pizza Hut's newest offering - The P'zolo - 2 buffalo chickens and 2 Italian steak. My first thought after I opened the take-out carton was a wish: I wished I knew which store sold those p'zolos advertised in promo picture.

My Pizza Hut disappointments measured about 6 inches in length, about 1 and 1/2 wide, and 1/2 inch deep. Not bad except these measurements contained mostly bread and cheese.

The 'buffalo' chicken p'zolos had about 8 small cubes of plain chicken. With the absence of any spice, I don't know what was 'buffalo' about this cheese stick of an appetizer - unless it's Pizza Hut thinking, "How can we buffalo our customers out of more of their money?"

The good news is that the green pepper filler in my Italian steak was thicker than the bread. The bad news is that the bread was thicker than the layer of meat spread sparing throughout this ... snack.

All in all, $5 for 2 is not 'zolo of a price. I would put this latest treat from Pizza Hut at the tasty, almost-overpriced edge of food-for-value scale.

Oh, you do get your choice of marinara OR ranch. Note the "OR". When I asked for both, the woman behind the counter looked at me as if I had just asked for McDonald's fries. I don't know if I'm more embarrassed that I asked both sauces or that I admit buying these doughy concoctions for supper.

Did this post help you in any way? If you're too embarrassed, let me know what your 'zolo experience has been.

No comments: