Translate

Friday, June 15, 2012

Jeff's Challenge.

Share
I almost feel like I've joined an AAA group. Sheepishly, I stand here in front of all of you and say, "Hi, I'm Ron. I'm a writer and I don't know what I'm doing. I don't need to be stopped, but directed - a knowledgeable critic, a helpful reader, an encouraging editor - just a little guidance with what I write."

But to say that feels like begging. "Say, buddy, can you spare an better verb? It's been a rough week, you see; my sentence structure is a little off. Whatever you can spare will help. A few words, even a couple of letters. Besides F and U, I mean. Yeah, that's ok, thanks anyway."

You know, if it wasn't for readers, writing would be much, much easier - just not as much as fun or rewarding. So I'll take Jeff's challenge to connect with other writers. Maybe they feel like I do.

"Hi, I'm Ron ..."

No comments: