Translate

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

fighting the good fight

Share
My ex is a wicked, wicked person. As she and I approach the 10-year mark of our divorce decree, she has yet to sign the quitclaim that would allow me to secure a home loan to refinance the debts I acquired to secure my freedom from her.

I have labored to come up with some method to lessen the money burden as I struggle to care for my family. Long hours and more work. Selling off more and more of my possessions. Last week, I thought fortune had smiled upon me when I found that you can get a loan based on your car title.

Yet, the devil is in the details, and this devil wants a car younger than 10 years old and a wholesale value more than $2500. My trusty 2001 Tiburon is about to cross the 300,000 mile mark. The only ones who consider my faithful vehicle worth more than $2500 are the tax collectors who have a convenient way of over-inflating the value of everything when they are the beneficiaries.

So it doesn't matter if the paperwork says "car title loans jacksonville" or "car title loans in your dreams", the loan isn't happening. Once again, the evil witch of the West prevails while I fight the good fight to take care of our families.

No comments: