Translate

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Looking For Easy Funding

Share
I'm not going to link you to the site. You probably already know about twisted, macabre videos of "Salad Finger". What you might not know is that the creator, David Firth, has come out of hiding after about three years and released yet another rather disturbing episode.

While I'm not surprised that David has a large receptive audience for his works, I was very surprised to learn how he actually made money by creating just a few short animations. Here we have yet another example of making money through niche marketing.

Maybe there is hope for me. Maybe I can find enough people to pay me for coming up with such antics as "do you think hard rocking stoners need calcium supplements or do they take it for granite?" All I really need is one eccentric billionaire with an absurd fondness for my sub-sub-sub-niche posts. Nothing twisted about that!

No comments: