Translate

Monday, May 23, 2011

Glass Door

Share
Glassdoor.com is a great site if you want to tell the world about the company you work for. Good or bad. But it is a GLASS DOOR. What happens when you work for a small company where you are one of two employees? Write an honest, but unflattering summary of your business and that well-deserved promotion may not be in the cards for you.

I just wrote such as update on my company and posted it on Glassdoor. While we have 80 employees, I think I could easily be identified as the one posting publicly what everyone has been saying privately at work.

Yet, what are the chances that the investment company or the powers-that-be or our intrepid HR person are reading reviews of their business? Given the way the place is run, I could refer to specific people in the holding company as "complete morons" and get away with it. But we will see.

No comments: