Translate

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

clean up detail

Share
I'm not the worst housekeeper in the world. If you knew my former spouse, you would readily agree with this humble observation.

It's not that she would avoid her chores. Every once in while, she would sweep the room with her glance while sitting on her comfortable vantage point of the couch.

Sometimes, when I would come home from a long day at work, the children and I would put on Backpacking Boots and pretend that the petrified dirt had become rocky trails along the Himalayas mountains. Or we would dig out the kitchen floor and play "guess this food" in an entertaining attempt to clean up.

Those days are gone now. My children and I live in much cleaner and healthier homes. I don't know what happened to my ex. There have been rumors that she was buried in an avalanche of dust. We may never know. We've all been afraid that, if we visit, we'll need mountain climbing equipment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad it's better for you now. :)