Translate

Saturday, May 28, 2011

how you doin'?

Share
I think it's important to get little feedback from your customers – be it your boss or people who pay you for doing odd jobs. This important quality-control check of your services ensures that you are doing what you need to, to remain profitable.

Last month, I made an inquiry to the company that gives me writing assignments. I asked about their perception of the quality of my work for them. Usually when I e-mailed questions to them, I'll get an answer within a few days, maybe a week at the most. Yet, here we are, a few weeks after the fact.

Is this a case of "no news is good news"? Or, is this the other side of the quality coin and the powers-that-be just don't want to hurt my feelings?

I've worked at companies that had marginally competent employees. They kept their jobs only because they were cheap enough and did just enough to be profitable to the business. Of course, whenever the economy tanked, these "cheap enough" workers were the first that companies kicked into the ranks of the unemployed.

For now then, I'll continue to write in this vacuum, hoping that I'm perceived as more than just good and cheap enough for assignments.

No comments: