Translate

Monday, May 16, 2011

Back in the day..

Share
When my mom hit that wonderful age of menopause, it was gently referred to as "the change of life." Of course, most of the time, this unavoidable change had gentleness of an magnitude 9 earthquake.

Still, there were quiet moments when we would able tease my mom and live to tell about it. We would kid her about her hot flashes being the work of an inner child playing with matches. Or, due to her intense flashes, that she had been banned from entering the local ice cream shops -- which was a shame since the best progesterone cream at that time was a barrel full of ice cream, any flavor.

My four sisters have now reached that wonderful change of life. But, with all the latest medicines and herbs available, they not too concerned about it. I'm not worried either. In fact, my stock in Baskin Robbins just doubled.

No comments: