Translate

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Universe still anger?

Share
So there I was, driving home tonight, minding my own business, when suddenly, a suicidal suitcase size of ice and timber leapt into the air from a passing lumbar truck. "Wow! That's amazing!" I thought, followed by "That isn't going to ... HEY!" I swerved just in time for the wayward debris to crash into the passenger side of the windshield, launching fine shards of glass into the passenger ... who, fortunately, wasn't there. I stopped, partly to inspect the damage and mostly to rearrange a newly acquired load in my underwear. The truck kept driving. I'm home now but won't be on the road until the windshield gets replaced. Still, if I or the truck had been a few seconds faster or slower, this wouldn't have happened. The timing of it all just amazes me. Right time. Right place. If only the lottery would work this well for me...

===========================

I know I'm about to get some needling for the following but here goes ... Wouldn't you know it, I spend all day lumbering around at work, pining to get home. Then, when I finally leaf for greener pastures, all elm breaks loose as ...life grabbed me by the old twigs and berries and squeezes. Maybe it's pay back for being knotty. I don't know. When that debris hit, I don't even remember if I screamed, cursed or what the timber in my voice was like.

Oh well, life's a birch, isn't it. Maybe I need to go through this two more times. After all, as they say "tree times is a charm."

I am glad I'm here and able to write this. Of course, you might be thinking differently after this post.

1 comment:

TheKing said...

Many a times we face such situation while going on the roads. We need to tackle them and get the solution.