Translate

Monday, January 31, 2011

price of freedom of speech

Share
You may have noticed that I have deleted the links to my other blogs from this site. I have done the same on those other blogs – severing the connection that would let somebody easily discover my writings. I decided to do this bit of paranoid-based cleaning of my blogs after hearing a few comments at work. They came from those not quite at the top of the management feeding chain but close enough that I thought I should take heed.

It seems they had come across postings from one of my other coworkers that portrayed the company in a less-than-favorable light. Imagine that. The discussion was about what action upper management should consider: reprimand, firing, torture by Justin Bieber. At the moment, I guess they're waiting on word from lawyers as to what legal recourse the company can take.

It's not like I name my company in my post. But if they happen across an entry and have half a brain (which probably means 10 of them will have to read the same post), they might be able to recognize that I've been lampooning them. Yes, I've done this on my own time and with my own resources. But then, so has the other guy who, at this moment, describing his blog out of fear of losing his job.

No comments: