Translate

Monday, January 24, 2011

a single raindrop

Share
Usually I love technology. I've been its biggest proponent ever since I was a wee lad and discovered the miracle of bread been changed into toast by shiny metallic box. But lately, technology has let me down with little disappointments here and unexpected failures there. I turn on my computer and discovered that what worked great yesterday, suddenly stopped working today for no obvious reason.

Today, there was a little glitch in a circuit board that I had designed and had been working great. For some mysterious reason, my creation died and suddenly I felt an overwhelming urge to just escape into the mountains where the most advanced technological gadget is a rocking chair and I can converse easily with the other cabin furniture.

It's silly that something that minor would suddenly make me feel so incredibly incompetent. Of course, it's not a single raindrop that is responsible for the flood. And it's not each infuriating incident that makes me feel overwhelmed.

I've read an article about the onset of being burned out. I think maybe I'm overdue for a major vacation…

No comments: