Translate

Saturday, January 05, 2008

What To Do With Your Extra Car

Share
Lately I've been reminded how charity begins at home. Usually it's about 6:30pm when they call and interrupt my dinner. It's not that I don't enjoy giving of my time and money. Its just that it is much better if I do so without being tricked or guilted into giving.

A couple years ago, I learned about charity groups using donations of unwanted vehicles to fund their operation. I contacted one local group who helps poor families and gave them one of my cars that I was no longer using. This was a very satisfying experience for all of us.

Nowadays, several nonprofit groups, such as public radio stations and private colleges, have a car donation program to help raise money. I'm sure that you can find a group that serves causes that are near and dear to your heart. For example, if instead of feeding the poor or protecting the environment, you have a deeply held desire to get Christian DVDs into the hands of children and teens, you could contact Car Angel (www.carangel.com). This group has already made and freely distributed over 2.4 million proselytizing videos. You can watch an example of what they've done at http://youtube.com/user/boatangel

Whatever group has your heart, you have two choices: you can let your old, beat up car become a rusting monument in your yard or you can help out a worthwhile charity. I think that the latter is the better choice. Don't you?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow great idea buddy. I prefer it.
Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

This is something that i have not come across till now. This is indeed a nice way. People need not invest something, they just have to learn to part with it.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I think too that charity is the best idea, what am going to get profit from my old car, someone is in need of it of course. Great idea man, thanks for sharing..

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this information you mentioned here, It's very useful. I've already bookmarked it.
You've done great work. Cheers ;)

Anonymous said...

Char is a very good choice to make!! Thanks . This article is definitely a good read for me! Interesting and very informative. Although this wasn't what I was looking for, but it did answer some questions I had in mind. Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Once again, thanks for the quality articles you post on your blog!! I admire your articles and informative information you share. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

I just love it.... Well i don't have any doubt about your articles. Your articles are awesome... Honestly you are simply the best.Thanks for sharing this with us.

Anonymous said...

Great read!! I’m totally in love with your articles … They are REALLY awesome! Keep up the good work

Anonymous said...

I can see that you are putting a lot of time and effort into your blog and detailed articles! I am deeply in love with every single piece of information you post here. Will be back often to read more updates!

Anonymous said...

I am in love with your quality articles! I wish I had time and patience to make my blog like yours. Thanks for the informative information you share. Bookmarked your blog.
how to unlock iphone

Anonymous said...

That's a different way of helping the poor.It's quite outstanding.By this way both ends are happy.All the best.

Anonymous said...

Nice artilce

Anonymous said...

I have heard from my one of my friend about Polly Klaas Foundation group.The Polly Klaas Foundation has funded vital programs through their vehicle donation program.When you donate your vehicle, you help us find missing children, prevent children from going missing in the first place, and support legislation to make America safe for children.The Vehicle Donation Processing Center, Inc., the processing agent for their vehicle donation program, administers a highly specialized program where people may donate cars, trucks, trailers, boats and real estate.

Anonymous said...

These charity groups are small in comparison to their counterparts in other faith communities.But most American Muslim aid societies were established after the mid 1980's.The groups conduct found raising activities through direct mail,charity dinners,advertisements and community conventions & other gatherings.The Muslim charity groups provide services at home & abroad.