Translate

Sunday, January 13, 2008

My Neighbor Tries To Exercise Again

Share
My next-door neighbor constantly goes through spurts of diet and exercise. Yesterday, I watched as the UPS truck pulled up and delivered his latest exercise equipment into his carport. I walked over to see what he got as he began to open the box. Inside was the latest craze -- exercise steps -- very nicely made and pricey. I then watched him pickup his new fitness toy and walk up three stairs into his house. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between walking up and down mail order steps and using the house's stairs? I know that with the exercise steps, you can feel an immediate lightness. But it's all in your wallet. Of course, this is the same guy who told me about his punishing exercise program a few months ago: two minutes on one of those treadmills, followed by a lie down, a glass of whiskey, and a cigarette. Now that's punishing ... which explains why he gave up the treadmill!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the real stairs