Translate

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Busting out of New York

Share
I've heard that you can become rich by investing in companies that have a big demand for their product or service. Based on recent news, I've started checking the stock pages for any mover NYC type companies. According to reports, elected officials in New York have done an excellent job in taxing their citizens. Businesses and people are now starting to show their approval by leaving New York in droves. So I'm guessing that now would be the time to ride this exodus wave and invest in a few moving companies. Naturally this means staying out of New York while I earn my money ... and hoping that those people who voted for those greedy bureaucrats, don't decide to move and spread their infectious politics my way.

3 comments:

Karlonia said...

This is not a bad idea - taking advantage of the differences in taxation levels among different regions can be profitable.

Similar tax-related moves are happening in Europe. Since the fall of the USSR, most eastern European countries have adopted relatively low tax schemes for both individuals and corporate entities. This has prompted some people and businesses from the high-tax countries of northern and western Europe to relocate towards the east.

For investment purposes, this means that it might be a good idea to look at companies that are expanding into Eastern Europe or lower corporate tax countries such as Ireland.

David said...

I have never been much of an investor since I have nothing to invest, but this sounds like a good idea. The only problem is getting in before most people and getting out before most people.

Windyridge said...

That's a very good idea! Too bad I live in NY!