Translate

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A Speedy Road To Recovering my Time

Share
I had a nice Christmas surprise yesterday as I toured through maps.google.com. You might not think it to be very much but I learned that North Carolina has finally opened a direct link to I-95 just a few miles from my house. No longer will I have to travel 45 minutes out of my way to reach the interstate. Just out my door and a smooth 10 minute jaunt down the road! Of course, I shouldn't be so excited. After all, this is North Carolina. The way urban planning is done around here, the 60 mile an hour, four-lane easy access link will soon have condos for sale, strip malls galore, and a plethora of traffic lights every 50 feet. Who knows. Perhaps the state and the county will do their jobs and actually plan the urban development. Yeah, right after a flock of flying monkeys take up residence in this area.

No comments: