Translate

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Con-DOH! Hotels

Share
I live in a bird sanctuary, according to the town charter. This means all the birds can fly and roost safe from muggings, kids with bb guns and hungry animals. How serious is the town in protecting our feathered friends? Well, don't be surprised if you see an episode of "Cops" about the town's officers chasing down a cat who is suspected of hunting birds. You would see our finest tackling this evil animal; then, with its feline face down in the dirt, the police would shout "Paws behind your back, you mother plucking bastered!" and roughly put little kitty cuffs on the perp. But that's why we don't have any cats in jail. They know how serious the town takes its charter.

So it didn't surprise me when I heard about the construction of condor hotels in the area. I did however think it was rather extreme. With a large influx of new military families into the town, I thought the focus would be on people instead of on a bunch of flocking birds. I voiced my concerns with my neighbor. He just looked at me. Then with a voice of someone explaining the obvious to an idiot, he said, "It's not condor. It's con-DO! They're building Condo Hotels!" oh. Sometimes I feel like such a birdbrain ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! What a hoot!

YurFan4Sure
;)