Translate

Friday, June 30, 2006

trouble

Share

So here I am dead in the water. But at this point I’m thinking that I could have prevented this moment. Regardless, I got up this morning, thinking it was later than it really was. Reality set in when I realized that was up early than I thought. Good thing! I could get a lot done if I got into work earlier than usual. So I jumped into my car and excitedly turned the key in the ignition. The chattering noise from the engine wasn't the lively greeting that I expected to hear.

:: sigh :: I don’t know why but lately every inconvenience or minor nuisance makes me feel so overwhelmed. Have you ever felt panicky terror that grips your thoughts and you're unable to move or think? It’s though my life is on the line the line at the very moment and I don't have the right answer. Is it because I am getting older quarter is it just a stress of the last ten years catching up with me?

Any way, here I am now, unparalyzed and waiting for the tow truck to arrive. Now that the paralysis has passed, I was able to check the battery. Right now, all I need is a jump and a new battery --- I think. Two weeks ago when this happened, I thought it was a case of vapor lock because after 40 minutes I was able to start the car. Once the car was running, I checked the electrical system and all was fine. I thought about how the battery was almost five years old. Stupid me put it on my mental list of things to do --- which has become as useful as tying a string around my finger and forgetting why. Oh well, here's the tow truck now.

Post note: Yep! It was the battery. I could have prevented a lot of aggravation had I replaced it. How much more frustration could I avoid by remembering to do things that I need to do!

No comments: