Translate

Saturday, June 24, 2006

thoughts on my son's visit

Share
Well, I have returned my youngest son back to his other home. We had a good time while we were together here. But he seems to have a cap on himself as to what he can enjoy and what he can’t. When asked if he’d like to come back again he said, "Yeah maybe". When asked if he wanted to go back, he said, "Yes I have to take care of my chores."

I spoke with my daughter about his conversations with himself. She said that they have been working with him to try and stop him. I need talk to my ex and see if we need to get some counseling for him. I saw his last report card where he has failed science and language arts, his first two classes of the day. In the comments section, the teacher had written that he is often sleepy and unable to concentrate. My daughter said that she had gotten him to bed early and made sure that he was asleep. But think a lot of it has to do with his diet and his size. At this moment, he is as tall as I am but is also 50 pounds heavier.

I put his school picture up on the wall with the pages of my other children. I have it next to the picture that I took of him when he was five. In that picture he has a smile an excitement in his eyes. In his school picture, his smile is forced, his eyes have a look of someone who’s not sure of his surroundings. What am I going to do????

No comments: