Translate

Thursday, February 02, 2006

mean but accurate

Share
With recent company layoffs and the reassignments of jobs, my friends and I had have a collective bad day at work. So we escaped for lunch. And there we were enjoying ourselves at lunch. However we were doing so in spite of a rather large wattress. It wasn't her size that almost spoil our meal. I've had some great lunches with jolly wattresses who look like they eaten at the restaurant much, much more than I had. No, it was simply our wattress's attitude. If she was harried by a lunch rush, you would understand her surly demeaner. But we were among the few dining at that particular restraunt. I don't know, maybe it was simply a bad day for her.

We knew we were in for it when she approached the table, glaring at us, frowning as though we had dared to enter her domain without her permission. Throughout the meal, she slammed plates of food onto the table. her answers were short and curt and sarcastic. At the end of our meal, she slapped the ticket on the table and told us that she expected some reward. The words escape my mouth before I could stop them. "I'm sorry", I said. "We don't believe in cow tipping." It was a great lunch...

No comments: