Translate

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Coming to terms

Share
You have probably realized that much of Life is a gamble. Eating without choking. Driving without crashing. Listening to music without being Beiber-ized.

And then you have insurance companies trying to bet you that you are not going to die. Of course, we all know that you will win that bet. The downside - among many - is that you can't enjoy your winnings.

Yesterday, my insurance company up the ante as they raise the rates of my term insurance. I was expecting this. They fully disclosed the timing of rate hikes in the original term insurance quote. Like a poker game, the policy said, "When we see that you survived another decade, and, given that you'll be over 50, we'll rise the pot by another $50 a month".

So the game continues. I just can't believe that ten years has already slipped by. While I'm still ahead of a gamble, I really don't want to cash my chips in just yet. I have a few "rolls of bones" left in me.

No comments: