Translate

Sunday, July 08, 2012

Cars, Guns, and Money

Share
My Nissan Stanza Wagon served me well for 13 years. Then one day, after 405,000 miles of faithful service, it refused to go any further. So I shot it.

Sorry, just kidding. Besides, the town has ordinances against its citizens shooting defenseless vehicles. That's why we have a police force who love target practice on unarmed cars. (That story is for a later post.)

No, I turned my Nissan over to a car donation service and bought a new Hyundai Tiburon, a venerable win-win: I had new car AND a tax write-off for the year.

Now after 11 years of equally faithful service, my Tiburon is becoming a little cranky about being used. You would think that after 307,000 miles, the car would be broke-IN and not break-ING. But that's the difference a "G" makes, and I need several G's to pay for some upcoming, costly repairs.

Of course, for many more G's, I could get a new car. I also understand that souls in hell want a drink of cool water, but that's not going to happen either.

Stay tuned ...

No comments: