Translate

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Example of the Simple Life

Share
Living and working in a very rural area for all these years has prepared me for various versions of living the simple life. I had this thought on Monday while having the privilege of being part of a baby shower for one of our coworkers.

I don't want to label this happy occasion as a backwoods baby shower. After all, the mother-to-be did receive a new clothes dryer and one of those handy jogging strollers. It's just that her gifts were in the form of new white clothes line and a new wheel barrel.

Still, the joy on the radiant face of this young mother-to-be made you think someone given her gifts from a far more prestigious store than Wal-mart. And made me feel a little ashamed for my gift of clothes pins - in the form of office binder clips.

I would have felt more shameful had I put my name on the gift. But then I'm living the simple life now.

No comments: