Translate

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Share
So last week, my car's alternator died after giving me 280,000 miles of service. My clutch must have had a very close relationship with the alternator; a relationship that I can only imagine as being slippery and electrifying. I say this because, this week, my clutch followed my alternator into automotive heaven.

The alternator was $350 to fix. Fortunately, I had money aside for car emergencies. Actually, enough for one emergency. So when the clutch gave up its ghost ... I wasn't prepared for the $550 labor bill. The parts were only $150, thanks to my excellent friend who has contacts in the transmission field. Still, almost a $1000 in a week. This month, I'm supposed to move a family into my tiny abode and fund a college-bound kid. I wonder if I can put tires on them for use as transportation ...

No comments: