Translate

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I'm a Master Chef ... in my mind

Share
After watching Gordon Ramsay's "Master Chef" reality show, several of my family members playfully suggested that I try out for the next season. Perhaps they don't realize that there are a few major levels between what Mr. Ramsey's palates consider good and what we accept as edible in this household. There is a world of difference between creating an orgasmic meal with a $10 a pound steak and simply fending off starvation with $0.50 worth of meat byproduct.

Besides, if I wanted to stand in a kitchen and be screamed at for no reason, I would have remained married. Now if you'll excuse me, I just heard the squeal of tires and a deadly thud. If I hurry, I can dazzle my hungry brood with my culinary roadkill delights.

No comments: