Translate

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Shhhhh, I'm hiding

Share
As I sprinted upstairs to my office, I passed by a fellow engineer. He greeted me with, "I hope I'm as spry as you are when I'm your age." Okay, I will give you that I am almost twice his age but still… What kind of comment is that to make? I almost hit him upside his youthful noggin with my gallon sized bottle of Geritol.

Between you and me, that did make my day. I understood what he meant. Most of the guys and gals who are nearing or have surpassed the half-century mark will stand at the bottom of the stairs and call up to us instead of making the Herculean effort to walk up a few steps. And fortunately, most of those people are in upper management. So if we don't want to talk to them, we sit very, very still in our chairs until they go away. I guess being spry has its advantages.

No comments: