Translate

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

It's sooooo worth it!

Share
You know the old saying: the reason divorces cost so much is because they are worth it. The one thing that saying doesn't address is that the cost will linger for years and years and years.

It's been five years since my divorce became official. One of the conditions was that I would give half the value of our home to my ex and she would take her name off the property. So I took out a hefty loan to pay her and she, well, I'm still waiting on her to sign the quit claim.

I asked her about it last week. Turns out that she wants part of the money I earned from working two and three jobs to pay for our divorce. Can you say greedy? It's funny to think that at one time I put her on a pedestal. I'm thinking now that I had the order reversed.

I'm sure I could her to fulfill her obligation by paying her off. But it's not like I could take a payday advance to make this happen. After all, those payday advances are just that – an advance that you pay off on your next payday. The way things are going with her, this extortion will last years. And yet, you know what? It's still worth it!

No comments: